Friday 3 May 2013

Meet the housemates ...and their favourite products!

I'm doing something a little different with this post, partly to spice things up a little but but mostly because I'm in the middle of my finals exams and thought it would be a convenient time-saver to effectively get somebody else to write for me! In order to get some fresh ideas, I've asked my uni housemates to talk about their favourite beauty products, one budget and one blowout. If you don't know me personally then you definitely won't know the nutters girls I live with, so here we are (I should point out that we are in fancy dress in several photos)....


If you're looking at the bottom right photo (90s night) then we are Prema, Nat, Anna, me, and Rachel. Here's what they have to say...

Anna
 
 
"My blowout is Mary Kay Timewise Matte Foundation (left) because its good for sensitive skin and oil free but still manages to give good coverage. My saver would be Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing Powder (right, Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder, £6.99) because its really cheap for a good bronzer, has lasted me ages, isn't too shimmery and smells lush. Also I can't live without the Superdrug coconut oil. Literally addicted!"
 Nat

My splurge product is definitely Benefit's  Boi-ing concealer (left, £17.50)... I can't live without it as its the only concealer that actually works on my dark undereye circles! My make up necessity. My budget favourite is Max Factor's False Lash Effect Mascara (right, £11.99). It's still a over tenner bur for me, a mascara addict, it's the best value one I've used and worth it when compared to luxury brands!


Rachel

 My best budget product would be Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder (right, £3.99), because I've found a lot of foundations to be too heavy, but the powder is light and still gives a great even finish and saves my skin from looking greasy. Rarely need to touch up during the day, so great value for money. My splurge is Benefit's They're Real! Mascara (left, £19.50). I have quite short lashes but this mascara works wonders and makes them look full and long without looking clumpy and lumpy, and only needs a couple of coats tops.

Prema


"My favourite budget product is Fast Stroke Eyeliner by Collection (formerly Collection 2000, right, £2.99). It's easy to apply, lasts all day and night and is a brilliant bargain for under £3. My favourite splurge product is Garnier's Moisture Match moisturiser (left, £5.99). I consider it expensive since you don't get a lot of product for your money, but it's so luxurious and rich - I have very dry skin and this has completely sorted out patches of dry skin on my face."



So there you go! We are a pretty keen house of bloggers and three of my housemates also write blogs - if you would like to check them out then I've put the links below.

Have you tried/do you plan to try any of their reccommended products? Please feel free to leave a comment!

Anna: writes a foodie blog (she's a proper domestic goddess)
www.annalizaknowsgoodfood.blogspot.co.uk

Nat: blogs rants, raves and reviews on a whole host of different things.
www.natchat20.blogspot.co.uk

Rachel: has been writing a music blog for years, loads of reviews of singles, albums, gigs etc.
www.rachelannewriting.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. I love this blog entry chick! So nice to read what others love as well as yourself :) And definitely have to agree with Rachel on her They're Real splurge, never will I buy a different mascara again! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It started as a time saving exericse but it's actually refreshing to write more feature based entries as well as reviews. I have to agree with you both on They're Real! Fab mascara! :) x

      Delete

Please leave a comment...it can be anonymous if you would prefer.

Popular Posts